Sunday, October 2, 2011

New pin board from a broken mirror

I work as a department head at a very popular craft store. In fact one or 2 guesses and you would probably get it. Needless to say that makes me very lucky in seeing some of the merchandise that comes in before everyone else does. The lady that takes care of our home accents department gets quite a  bit of stuff that comes in broken. Some she fixes, some she just marks down, and some she throws away. And yes some of it deserves to be thrown away, but I couldn't let this go. So I caught our co-manager, and yes it's mine for the low low price of free!


So the first step was to remove the broken mirror, but not throw it away because I already have plans for the pieces.
Then I picked a nice print from my scraps of fabrics, and layered it with 4 layers of batting.


 Then I used the backer of the mirror to cut the shape. I tried gluing the fabric to the backer to hold it in place, but the glue just wouldn't stay. So then I just bent the tabs back into place and trimmed the fabric you could see through the mirror.




Very pretty and will be very handy in my craft room! Not bad for free eh?



Linking up to Flamingo Toes. Think Pink Sunday


No comments:

Post a Comment